South Africa’s AB de Villiers got the fastest ever ODI century just off 31 balls against the West Indies on Sunday. Not only did de Villiers get his century in just 31 balls but he also set a number of records as he achieved the feat in style.
The records the AB de Villiers set are as follows
- Fastest 50 in ODI’s in 16 balls
- Fastest 100 in ODI’s in 31 balls
- Equaled Rohit Sharma’s record for most sixes in an ODI by getting 16 sixes
- Took 19 minutes to score 50 runsa and 40 minutes to reach 100 runs
- Helped south Africa reach their highest ODI total of 439
What a day is was for the South African although in an interview afterwards he said he has hit the ball better before. Despite the Proteas captain saying that he really displayed why he is regarded as the as the world’s best batsman with a master-class display of strokeplay.
If you missed the match you can catch the highlights in the video below.